Tamara has been registered with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC) since 2002. She is also an Approved Clinical Supervisor (RCC-ACS) with the BCACC and a member of the Canadian Psychological Association (CPA). Tamara holds a Doctorate in Psychology (PsyD) from California Southern University (Highest Distinction) and a Masters degree (MA) from San Diego State University (First Class Standing). She completed her undergraduate studies (BA) at the University of Victoria. Tamara is also a multi-sport athlete and has competed as an amateur in multiple endurance, cycling, and Ironman triathlon races worldwide.
In addition to the above, Tamara is Board Certified in EEG Neurofeedback (BCN) with the Biofeedback Certification International Alliance (BCIA) and has been practicing Neurofeedback since 2015. BCIA is recognized as the certification body for the clinical practice of biofeedback by the Association of Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback (AAPB), the Biofeedback Foundation of Europe (BFE), and the International Society for Neurofeedback and Research (ISNR).
- Associate Dean, Faculty of Behavioural Sciences, Yorkville University (Current)
- Associate Program Director and Professor, Master of Education (M.Ed) School Counselling Program, City University of Seattle (Canada)
- Sessional Faculty, School of Health and Human Services, Camosun College, Victoria, B.C.
- Employee Assistance Counsellor (EAP) - PPC Worldwide, Optum Health, Interlock
- Critical Incident Response Provider: WorkSafe BC, PPC Worldwide EAP
- Mental Health Treatment Provider, WorkSafe BC
- Provincial Mental Health Consultant, Provincial Services Division, Ministry of Children and Family Development, Victoria, B.C.
- Team Leader (Multidisciplinary Team) and Clinical Supervisor, Mental Health Services, Ministry of Children and Family Development, Penticton and South Okanagan, B.C.
- Child & Youth Mental Health Clinician, Mental Health Services, Ministry of Children and Family Development, Penticton B.C.
- District Mental Health Counsellor, School District #53 & MCFD (jointly funded) South Okanangan, B.C.
- Private School Counsellor, St Andrews Regional High School, Victoria, B.C.
- Child, Youth, and Family Counsellor, Penticton Secondary School Alternate Program, Penticton, B.C.